Terms & Conditions of Use
Last Updated: Aug 2, 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY BEFORE USING THIS PLATFORM.
These Terms & Conditions of Use (the "Terms") govern the terms and conditions of your use of this Platform, namely Social lancerr, or any other domain that is used in its place (hereinafter referred to as the "Platform"), which includes all the services, features and functions used by you in the course of the use of the Platform (hereinafter referred to as the "Services").
Your use of the Platform for the aforementioned purpose creates a binding and legally-enforceable contract between yourself and Social lancerr doing business as geographically distributed, collaborative platform for "Social lancerr" around the world to report on the events that happen around them. Social lancerr adds authenticity to news collected by Social lancerr (hereinafter referred to as "Social lancerr") regarding the use of the Platform, receipt of the Services and matters ancillary thereto. By accessing this Platform and receiving the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and accept these Terms. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you shall discontinue use of this Platform immediately.
1. User Account
- Eligibility Criteria: By creating an account with this Platform (hereinafter referred to as your "Account"), you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Furthermore, you have not been convicted of any financial crime, including fraud and money laundering. If you are a minor, your parent or guardian can open the Account on your behalf in his or her own name and, in such case, the term "you" in these Terms shall refer to you and your parent or guardian.
- Legal Persons: In the event that you are creating this Account on behalf of a company, partnership, trust or any other legal person or association of persons (the "Entity"), you warrant that you have necessary authorizations to create and access this Account on behalf of such Entity and bind the Entity. You further agree to e-mail the soft copy of any such authorization to the Social lancerr within twenty-four (24) hours of the creation of this Account.
- Account Creation: If you fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in Clauses 1.1 and 1.2 above, you are entitled to create your Account. You shall ensure that all information that you provide in the process of creation of your Account is accurate and verifiable. You further represent that you are in possession of all the original documents to confirm the information provided by you in such process and authorize the Social lancerr to require and verify such information and documents, if it considers necessary.
- No Multiple, Fake Accounts:You are only permitted to use one account at a time. You may not create an account on behalf of any person, whether authorized or not. You may not impersonate any other person while using this Platform.
- No Assignment:The account created by you under this Clause is for your personal use only. You shall not transfer, assign or sub-license your account to any third party.
- Errors and Defects:
The Social lancerr does not warrant that the electronic functions contained in or on the Platform will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Social lancerr, or the server that makes the Platform available, are free of viruses or bugs or represents full functionality.
Protection of Data:
The Social lancerr remains committed to protecting the integrity and privacy of your data. However, the Social lancerr shall not be liable for any unauthorized access or use of your information or any other negative consequence despite its best efforts to avoid the same.
- No Warranty:The Platform and all information and/or material contained therein, provided therewith, available on or accessed through it are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis only, without warranty of any kind. The Social lancerr disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, conditions, representations, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, reliability, timeliness, completeness, adequacy, correctness and non-infringement of third party rights. Except where prohibited by law, this disclaimer also includes any expressed or implied warranties arising from any course of dealing, usage, or trade practice.
When using the Platform, information may be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control and jurisdiction of the Social lancerr. Accordingly, the Social lancerr assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or information transmitted in connection with the Services.
3. Data Protection
- Passwords:You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person has or gains access to your password or Account for the Platform. It is your sole responsibility to (i) control the dissemination and use of your login name(s) and password(s); (ii) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your Account and password; and (iii) promptly inform the Social lancerr if you believe your Account or password has been compromised or if there is any other reason you need to deactivate your Account. To send us an e-mail, use the "Contact Us" link located on the Platform, which is provided above. The Social lancerr cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using the Platform. The Social lancerr does not assume any liability for misappropriation of your Commissions if your Account is misused by persons not authorized by yourself.
- Protection: You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures, checkpoints and safeguards to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining means for the reconstruction or recovery of lost data.
4.1 Use of the Platform
- Intended Purpose:Your use of the Platform shall be limited to the purpose for which it is intended only.
- Compliance with Law, Rules: You shall use this Platform in compliance with:
Your obligations under any contract(s)/agreement(s) with third parties;
Any judgment, decree or writ binding upon yourself;
All laws, rules and regulations of your jurisdiction, including laws pertaining to confidentiality, privacy and security; and
Best practices and professional code of conduct.
4.2 Prohibited Uses:
For any illegal, fraudulent, harmful, malicious or unlawful activity;
To upload information or make claims that may be misleading;
To disseminate any political, religious or ideological messages or information;
To form any interest groups or unions;
To form any romantic or affectionate relationships;
In an abusive manner, by gaining unauthorized access to the same; or
To advertise yourself by damaging the reputation of your professional competitors.
5. License Term and Termination
- Term:These Terms be effective from the date of your Account registration with the Platform and shall continue for as long as your Account remains active (the "Term").
- Termination by You:You may terminate the Term by deactivating your Account.
- Termination by the Social lancerr for Cause:The Social lancerr may suspend or terminate your Account:
- Termination by Social lancerr without Cause: The Social lancerr may terminate your Account without having to assign any reason to you by a written notice of fifteen (15) days to you.
6. Maintenance Downtime
The Social lancerr may, in rare cases, be required to shut down the Platform temporarily for maintenance and/or up-gradation. While this suspension may be undesirable for you, the Social lancerr will try its best to avoid this outcome and it will do so only when it is absolutely necessary and in the best interests of its valued customers.
7. Intellectual Property Rights of the Social lancerr
- Title to Intellectual Property: Safe as otherwise stated, all intellectual property in the Platform, its software and the Services, whether in trademarks, copyrights, patents, designs, methods, secrets, source codes, or otherwise, whether registered or unregistered, shall vest in and is the sole and exclusive property of the Social lancerr (the "Intellectual Property"). This Intellectual Property also includes but is not limited to:
- the Social lancerr name and logo;
- all text, images, artwork and graphics in the Social lancerr, including its layout and design of the Platform application;
- all graphical user interfaces on the Platform; and
- all copyrights in the software of the Platform.
- Use of Intellectual Property:You may only use this Intellectual Property in a manner expressly permitted by the Social lancerr. Your use of the Platform or otherwise receipt of the Services does not give you the right to copy, modify, distribute, reproduce, broadcast, publish, sell, license or derive the source code of any or all of the Intellectual Property. You may only make one copy of the Intellectual Property for internal backup purposes only.
- Third Party Breach: In the event that you suspect a breach of the IPRs of the Social lancerr by a third party, you shall promptly notify the Social lancerr of such breach, and shall provide all reasonable information in the Social lancerr attempts to take all legal measures necessary to protect its Intellectual Property.
- International Protection: The Intellectual Property is protected by national copyright law and international copyright conventions. Any use of the Intellectual Property not expressly permitted by the Terms shall be considered a breach of the Terms.
- Violation:Any hyperlink to any third party source or resource on the Platform is provided for your convenience and ease of reference only. The Social lancerr does not necessarily recommend, endorse or approve, and is not responsible or liable for, any third-party content that may be accessed through any hyperlink on the Platform.
8. Links to Third-Party Resources
Any hyperlink to any third party source or resource on the Platform is provided for your convenience and ease of reference only. The Social lancerr does not necessarily recommend, endorse or approve, and is not responsible or liable for, any third-party content that may be accessed through any hyperlink on the Platform.
9. Independent Contractors
Nothing in the Terms shall be construed to create a relationship of agency, partnership, joint venture or other formal business entity or fiduciary relationship between you and the Social lancerr (collectively as the "Parties" and individually as a "Party").
The Social lancerr may, at its sole discretion, at any time and without prior notice:
- change, alter, revise, modify, amend or update any or all of these Terms;
- change the nature of its services; and
- make amendments to the Platform
without any liability upon itself, provided that this provision may not prevent the Social lancerr from notifying you of any such changes for your convenience. Your continued use of the Platform shall indicate your acceptance of such changes.
The headings in these Terms are for your use of reference only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these Terms.